We undertake a detailed property review process for each property, ensuring that we recommend proceeding with an appeal only where it is warranted, ensuring client resources are not wasted. The appeal process includes:
- Property Assessment Review - an in-depth review of the individual property assessment, including value, classification, liability to taxation and a comparison of assessment parameters to the actual property performance/characteristics. Determination of fair market value based on property review, and go/no go recommendation on proceeding to an appeal based on detailed property review.
- Negotiation - discussion and negotiation with assessment officials regarding correction of errors and market value.
- Report Preparation - preparation of a detailed report for representation at property assessment appeal hearing. Reports cover market value, classification and liability to taxation as required, and are based on our professional expertise and extensive market knowledge.
- Property Assessment Appeal Hearing Representation - Client representation at Board of Revision and Municipal Board hearings, including an in-depth review of assessment department evidence, preparation of rebuttal evidence and appellant questions, presentation and defense of appellant evidence at hearing.
- Client Communication - timely client communication during the appeal process, client consultation on options during the appeal process.